Welcome to My World, Art & All

My long range goal is that you'll find INSPIRATION for your Soul, your Artful Endeavors, your Outlook on Our World, and Warm, Enduring Friendships. Welcome to my world.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Funny Little Valentine

I was in the studio here playing one night last week with my Golden Fluid Acrylic Paints, trying to relax and think about what I wanted to do on one of my projects for my upcoming First Ever Art Gallery Show. It has to be said, this is an awesome new step in my Artist Journey. When two of my artist friends asked me to be a "Guest Artist" at this show I gulped! One of them, Soonee, always calls me (with her adorable Korean accent) Brenda Jones. It's never just Brenda; always Brenda Jones.
She sat there repeating, "Brenda Jones, you can do this". Then Sabrina, my artist friend who is also with www.amigosforchrist.org chimed in with, "Absolutely, Brenda, you need to do this."

I've been blessed to have some of my Card Designs, scrapbook layouts, and altered art books published in hard copy magazines and e-zines. I am happiest here in my studio creating art. And, I want to paint more and pull different mediums that I love together. But, preparing for and being in an Art Gallery Show? Wow!

So, here I was playing, getting comfortable with some paints. Actually, you could call what I was doing "doodling with paint". That's what I call what I was doing. But, when it was time to call it quits for the evening, there was actually some "doodling" that I liked. And this is one of them, my Funny Little Valentine.
It actually wasn't funny at the time. In honesty, I started crying. And I guess that's all I'm gonna say about it for now. I really like the colors!
They're fun and cheery. I think I keep this "doodle".
Jess and I are going to have a Mother/Daughter Valentine Date next Wednesday night. It will be fun to spend time with her, and wind down from the pushing to get all the artwork finished and turned in to the gallery by Tuesday afternoon. For now, its back to the canvas that's almost complete. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment